The first four months of 2019 brought some larger strategic changes to Regen Farmer. Based on it’s potential to make a positive impact we chose to focus mainly on regenerative agroforestry. The shift has lead to the definition of our new ambitious vision and goal.
The shift has also meant a change in our offerings and product pipeline. In line with our vision to accelerate the transition to regenerative agroforestry, our focus and resources has shifted away from development of our agroforestry management software towards our agroforestry assessment and implementation solutions. The management software is still in development. The shift of resources means that the closed Beta have been pushed to later in 2019. The allocation of resources to the assessment and implementation solutions are already showing results. This is evident by the launch of our agroforestry screening service which is already helping farmers across the world transitioning to regenerative agroforestry.
What’s next for 2019?
- Continue to improve our agroforestry suitability screening and assessment offerings to help even more farmers transition to regenerative agroforestry. This means expanding our database of best practice farms, automating core functionalities and integrating AI to improve the results further.
- Expand our planning and design offerings with affordable and fast regenerative landscape design offerings. Our current landscape design process requires a lot of man hours. We are working on reducing the hours required by utilizing parametric modelling. This will result in a faster turnaround and a lower price point for landscape designs.
- Build partnerships for implementation and education. Next step after assessment, planning and, design is the actual implementation of agroforestry systems. We are building partnerships with global and local organisations and companies to assist with this.
What do we need from you?
We need all the help we can get to accelerate the transition to regenerative agroforestry. You can help us out in the following ways:
- Spread the word about regenerative agroforestry.
- If you own/manage land – Get in touch with us and we can help you explore possible benefits of implementing agroforestry.
- Help us build partnerships with companies, NGOs and government institutions to promote regenerative agroforestry.
- If you would like to join our team, please feel free to send us a message. We are always looking for talented people interested in helping us reach our goal.
- Follow us on social media: Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
The Regen Farmer Team