Farming systems such as agroforestry and silvopasture provide long term benefits. These systems though can require high investment costs and take long time to mature. This is why we offer analysis and planning of the economic elements involved when making a transition to agroforestry.
To make the transition to an agroforestry system as financially smooth as possible we will help you with the following:
- Stage definition: Define the different stages in your system. The initial young stage, the desired mature stage and intermediary stages to ease transition and ensure revenue streams while the system matures.
- Financing: Analysis of initial financing options. This involves exploring alternative implementation strategies and assessing potential government subsidies. This can help to lower the initial investment needed to reach the desire mature state.
- Income succession and cash flow: Analysis of changing revenue stream over time based on defined stages. This might involve making changes to different stages to ensure enough cash flow to survive to the mature system.
Interested in our agroforestry planning service?
Interested in learning more about this service or ready to get an offer. Please submit your email below and we will get in touch with you.
Walnut orchard succession plan
Walnut trees can take between 10-15 years to mature and start yielding. To improve cash flow and reduce the need for initial investment we have developed a succession plan for a client with a walnut orchard. This includes the following elements:
- Integration of mobile hen coops and cover crops for increased cash flow
- Understory shrubs of shade tolerant aronia and blackcurrant for increased cash flow
- Setup nursery for own high quality growing stock to reduce need for initial investment